A competing claim happens when two or more members submit registrations to Screenrights for exactly the same title and the claims overlap in some way. This means that the members are asserting the same rights and claiming the same royalties.
If you have a competing claim we recommend that you visit Screenrights Resolution to explore the resolution options available to you.
On Screenrights Resolution you will find:
- An overview of how competing claims arise
- Practical steps to follow to resolve your competing claim
- A resolution roadmap outlining informal and formal competing claims procedures
- Relevant policies, forms and infosheets
- Frequently asked questions
- Outcomes of previous decisions under the formal competing claims procedures