As CFO leading a small finance team of 3, you will have broad, hands-on responsibility across strategic planning, reporting and control of all financial activities for Screenrights. Your financial insights, forecasts and analyses, along with an aptitude and interest in technology and digital transformation, will be key in driving the strategy, while your risk management and compliance experience will ensure strong foundations for future growth. In this role you will:
- Partner with the CEO, Executive Team and Board in formulating the company’s strategic direction and executing the financial strategy of the company
- Provide timely and clear financial advice and information on all strategic and operational aspects of financial management for the organisation to the CEO, Executive Team, Audit, Risk & Governance Committee and the Board
- Perform financial and management reporting, budgeting, financial forecasting and provide transparency in financial performance over the year
- Work with the CTO to select and implement technologies to support digital transformation of finance systems and processes
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Oversee the company’s Risk Register as Company Secretary and report to the Board on corporate governance, risk and audit compliance
If you have sound commercial Finance experience and looking to take the next step in your career, apply now.
- Degree qualified in Finance/Business Administration (MBA/CA/CPA highly regarded)
- Demonstrated experience operating at CFO/CoSec leadership level in financial management, audit, risk and governance controls
- Exceptional partnering with a CEO and executive team, a skilled listener, proficient planner, and results-oriented while exerting rigour in financial controls
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make commercial decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Experience and an interest in implementing new technologies to support best practice in financial management and driving efficiencies
- Sound interpersonal skills as a leader with a coaching style, engaging the team through change and contributing to a positive culture
- An approachable style to proactively engage across the business and role model our values of acting with integrity, striving for excellence and achieving through collaboration
Join a great organisation
Screenrights is a not-for-profit membership organisation that provides rights and royalty management services to the screen industry. We facilitate access to screen content through simple licensing solutions for teachers in education, administrators in government, and home viewers with subscription TV – and provide royalty payments to members for the programs audiences love.
Screenrights can offer you a flexible and friendly workplace with passionate colleagues, a seat at the table with a collaborative executive team, and the opportunity to help us support the diversity and growth of the screen industry in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
Screenrights is committed to pursuing diversity within the screen sector and promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome and encourage job applications from our First peoples, those with disabilities and those from culturally diverse backgrounds.