Screenrights has over 4,000 members across 66 countries. Our members range from individual screen practitioners to large screen businesses.
Membership is free and simple.
As a member of Screenrights you:
- can receive royalty payments for registered titles where available
- can proactively advise Screenrights where you are a rightsholder by registering you claims
- can access our world-class rights administration portal MyScreenrights
- can book our Creative Workshop Spaces for writers’ rooms, story workshops, pre-production meetings or business planning sessions
- can appoint Screenrights to collect royalties from across the world efficiently and cost-effectively with our worldwide royalty collection service (available for film rightsholders only)
- can appoint Screenrights to administer and disburse all returns for your screen project with our film & TV disbursements service, or appoint us to look after your performer residuals (available to Australian producers and their investors)
Screenrights is non-profit. We only deduct our operating costs in providing services to our members.
Watch the videos to understand more about Screenrights, secondary royalties, and how we can help you.
Need a refresher workshop on Screenrights and what we do?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- If you hold the right to copy, communicate or retransmit any or all of the copyright materials in a program you are entitled to become a member of Screenrights. Membership is free.
- You should join Screenrights if you can claim educational, government and/or retransmission royalties for any or all of the copyright materials in a program. If your program is broadcast on television in Australia or New Zealand, we recommend you become a member and register your programs.
Our members are rightsholders in film and television programs, including producers, directors, scriptwriters, artists, production companies, distributors, sales agents, commercial collection agents, broadcasters and other collecting societies.
- Your membership details and any information on royalties earned are kept in confidence. This information is only available to authorised Screenrights employees.
- However, if your project is funded by a funding body Screenrights may report royalty payments for that title to the funding body. As the funding agencies are owners of copyright in the programs, they are entitled to receive information as to the royalties collected.