Screenrights distributes over $30 million a year in royalties to rightsholders in film, television and radio. In 2013/14 this amount was over $34 million.
The royalties we pay
The royalties that Screenrights distributes fall into two broad categories: royalties from Australia and New Zealand; and royalties from outside Australia and New Zealand.
Royalties from Australia and New Zealand
Screenrights is the source society for the following Australian and New Zealand royalties:
- Australian educational copying royalties
- Australian educational communication royalties
- Australian retransmission royalties
- Australian government copying royalties
- New Zealand educational copying royalties
- New Zealand educational communication royalties
Royalties from outside Australia and New Zealand
Screenrights also offers a global royalty collection service that provides members with a cost effective, simple and efficient way to collect royalties from around the world.
Register your programs once with us – and we’ll get to work across the globe for you.
If you choose to go global with Screenrights International, we can collect the following royalties on your behalf from other collecting societies around the world:
- International retransmission royalties
- International private copying royalties
- International copying royalties
- International public lending royalties
- International public performance royalties
Learn more about the different types of royalties.
How to get paid
How are payments calculated?
When are payments made?
See the Payment Timetable