Apply for a Licence

Want to copy television and radio programs? It’s simple. A Screenrights licence gives you access to TV and radio as an educational resource. In many cases, your institution, department or business may already be covered by a licence, taken out on your behalf. If you are unsure, please contact us.


Our licences cover all public and Catholic schools and universities. Many independent schools also have a licence, and so do many TAFEs. Certain training providers may also obtain a licence. If you would like to apply for a Screenrights licence, download the appropriate form below. Alternatively, contact us for more information.



You will need a Screenrights licence if you are a New Zealand school or tertiary institution who would like to copy audiovisual content from television, radio, or the internet, or use copied programs on a ClickView or eTV system.

If you are unsure as to whether your school, polytechnic or wananga is licensed, please contact us.

All universities have a licence.

If you would like to apply for a schools licence, you can do so through the New Zealand School Trustees Association (NZSTA) ‘One Stop Copyright Solution’ scheme. For all other licences or general licensing queries, please email us at

Contact Us


Suite 3, 185 Gloucester St, The Rocks NSW 2000


Phone: +61 2 8038 1300

New Zealand

NZ Freephone: 0800 44 2348


Screenrights acknowledges the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia and recognises their continuing connection to land, waters and culture. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.