Screenrights will only use Personal Information for the purposes for which it was given to us, or for purposes that are directly related to one of our functions or activities.
Screenrights may use and disclose your Personal Information in order to provide Services to you and to improve the Services that it offers generally and may use your Personal Information to contact you for these purposes, including to advise you of any issues relating to programs in which you have or may have a copyright or payment interest and to inform you of upcoming events and other sites or publications which we reasonably believe may be of interest to you.
Screenrights may also use and disclose your Personal Information to help it assess and survey the ways in which users use the Services. To the extent that it is reasonably practicable, this information will be de-identified so that you are not personally identifiable in the results of any such assessment or survey.
Any financial information such as bank account details that you provide will be used solely for the purpose for which they are provided, for example making royalty or disbursement payments to you. Screenrights will not sell, share, rent or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your Personal Information.
Screenrights may, from time to time, send marketing material to you that it considers useful including newsletters. Screenrights may also send you material about its activities. If you do not wish to receive this information, you can let Screenrights know by unsubscribing as described below. This does not apply to information that Screenrights is legally required to send or information regarding the rights or obligations of its members.
Generally, Screenrights must get your consent before it discloses any of your Personal Information. You may give your consent expressly or it may be implied by your conduct.
Depending on the Service that you have requested or otherwise engaged with, your Personal Information may be disclosed to:
- External service providers who assist us in providing and administering the Services, competitions, events and promotions, including third party suppliers, contractors and data storage providers;
- Overseas and local collecting societies that collect and distribute royalties for film and related rights and with which Screenrights has reciprocal arrangements;
- Specialist advisers who have been engaged to provide Screenrights with legal, administrative, financial, insurance, research, marketing or other services;
- Other rightsholders, their agents, external mediators or experts for the purpose of resolving or assisting in the resolution of disputes between members in accordance with the Screenrights membership agreement;
- Third party research companies to conduct surveys about Screenrights Services to you. Participation in such surveys is optional;
- Independent auditors engaged to audit Screenrights operational practices; and
- Any other person authorised by you or specified by you, such as your agent or manager.
There will, of course, be times when it will be necessary for Screenrights to disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent. For instance, where it is required or authorised to do so by law, law enforcement bodies or otherwise permitted by law under APP 6.