Screenrights is currently seeking member feedback on proposed changes to our Competing Claims procedures.
Reviewing the effectiveness of resolution pathways is an ongoing process, and we continue to work with members to ensure that pathways are fair and equitable for all members. This includes balancing a range of factors which include considerations of access, equity and cost. The intention of the proposed changes is to improve the efficiency of how competing claims are handled and support the timely resolution and release of royalties, for the benefit of all members.
Full details of the proposed changes are available here, and include:
- an overview of current competing claims processes
- an explainer of the proposed changes and implications for members
- a link to a Survey Monkey feedback form, which you can also access here.
Alternatively, you can send feedback to email@example.com.
- Do you agree/disagree with the proposed changes?
- What other things should be considered in making any changes?
- What further information do you need to decide?
The purpose of Screenrights’ consultation with members is to help assess whether or not to adopt the changes. Proposed changes and member submissions will be considered by the Screenrights Board at the Board meeting of 7 June 2023, with a view to effecting agreed changes 1 July 2023.
The closing date and time for submissions is Wednesday 17 May 2023, 5:00pm AEST.